Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Project 1: Stage 4

I dropped the four characters I created into a basic layout and realized that adding in the other two characters I had planned would just make things too cramped, so I decided to drop the keyboardist and backup vocalist from the band.  

I didn't really like the background too much, though. It just seemed too empty.  So, I kept playing with it. This is my second attempt. I still wasn't happy with it, though. I placed it into Illustrator and added the band name - The Roots of Rock - as well as an album title - From the Ground Up.  It was looking better, but I still wasn't quite through yet.
I added in the individual root vegetables to fill in the gaps between the empty spaces.  

After I was finished, though, I thought that maybe I should add some squares behind the root vegetables to kind of give them a special emphasis.  

It just ended up making the design too busy.  However, I decided to use that idea to make a coordinating fabric design. Here it is below:


That concludes Project 1: The Spoonflower Root Vegetable Design Contest.




No comments:

Post a Comment