Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Project 2: Animals of the Rainforest - Step 4

Now that I had the overall fabric for the bag design the way I wanted it, it was time to create the back panel of the bag.  After all, this was what would really "sell" the bag and make it more than just a bag - it would be an educational tool as well.  I chose the Segoe Print for the font, used illustrator's object->expand and then added a stroke outline in a lighter color.  To the stroke I applied the fern brush stroke I had created in the first step, which gave the lettering a nice organic feel.  I then added a small paragraph of information about the animal underneath its name in the same font, but without the stroke outline.

Each animal got its own info file, and then I put them all together in the back panel like so:



Now that the main fabric pattern was designed, and the back panel was done, it was time to put the bag together.

No comments:

Post a Comment